Sunday, April 29, 2007

Polemics

This question is mainly aimed at my Arminian brothers and sisters.

When discussing the nitty gritty of Pelagian theology, it comes down to this: its a works based theology.

Most pelagians will agree that ALL glory is to be Given to God. What gives God the most glory?

The thought that I chose the right decision in deciding to have Christ as my Lord and Savior, or the idea that Christ chose us and made a dead heart live?

I believe in the later.

To live in sin, is to be spiritually dead. Not spiritually "sick" The bible clearly teaches that being carnally minded is to be spiritually dead.

Rom 8:6: 6The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; 7the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

Can a dead man "chose" to be un-dead? Nothing he (dead man) can do in and of himself will bring him to be regenerate. If we were merely "sick" we could work along side with god to chose him, but this is not what scripture teaches.

So if I believe that I can chose God, it is my "work" that I made the right choice. Does this give ALL glory to God? Soli Deo Gloria? No...

Before the creation of the world, God chose his people. We love Him because He first loved us. (I John 4:19)

If anyone is in objection to what I have proposed, I am giving you a homework assignment. Find ONE scriptural reference that supports Pelagius' Free Will theory and bring it to my attention.

Adding to this...
Justice-rightfulness or lawfulness, as of a claim or title; justness of ground or reason: to complain with justice.
-the moral principle determining just conduct.

Justice is getting what we deserve.... right? If the thinking of free will is allowed, then there is a chance of having chance in the universe. If justice is what we deserve, then if we make the right choice to chose God, then we must demand mercy...right? But if we continue that line of thinking...getting what we deserve for choosing the right choice, ceases to be mercy and become justice...Mercy is getting what we utterly dont deserve.What we deserve in justice is death....We cannot demand of God to do anything..."OK God...I said your prayer, now give me your mercy." There is no 'bargaining' with God and His will is unchanging. Whatever he plans will happen. He has planned for the elect to come to Him. Everything fits into His perfect plan, and nothing we do can change anything in his view.


Be humble about what I have proposed. Im not trying to convert anyone...Ill let the Holy Spirit do that, and let the Scriptures speak for themselves with their infallible inerrant authoritative words.

Your brother in Christ
Andy

No comments: